- This event has passed.
Calf Health – Eccleshall Area
April 25, 2018 @ 10:30 am - 2:00 pm
This course covers all the essentials of great calf health management including the main disease risks, simple solutions to maximise housing effectiveness and feeding for a great start. The course content underpins the importance of maintaining and maximising calf health as an important foundation to beef and dairy cow performance.
- Understand the risks for weak calf syndrome and learn how to prevent, recognise and treat this condition.
- Learn the reasons behind best practice in colostrum management.
- Explore the nutritional requirements of the pre-weaned calf, covering strategies for different feeding scenarios.
- Gain knowledge of feeding physiology and use this to plan treatment and prevention strategies for pre-weaning diarrhoea.
- Learn how to evaluate housing risk factors for pneumonia and use this knowledge to devise strategies for reducing risk.
- Evaluate different methods of performance monitoring to allow assessment of calf-management success.
Part of bundle deal!
Individual course cost = £95.00
Two courses = £175
Three courses = £250
Call 01785 472211 to book on or register your interest