- This event has passed.
Foot Trimming Course
September 20, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
A very popular one day course, instructed by Tom Wright who has a special interest in cattle lameness. The morning session is classroom based a focuses on the foot anatomy and main causes for lameness within modern dairy herds. The afternoon session is a practical one, walking through the popular 5 step Dutch foot trimming method.
- Identify the causes of lameness within the modern dairy system
- Understand the best ways to reduce lameness
- Explore the anatomy of the dairy cow foot and how lameness occurs, including pressure points
- Learn how to identify different lesions
- Learn the popular 5 step Dutch foot trimming method that is used across the industry